St. George Orthodox Church was the first Orthodox parish in Canada to offer the full cycle of the Faith in the English Language.
“ ‘Love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8)…Love is the barometer by which Christ will judge our lives. Sin is not only doing wrong. Sin is failure to do right. Sin, on the most basic level, is failure to love. The root cause of all sin is failure to love.”
(Fr. Stavros N. Akrotirianakis)
TEN RULES FOR LENT:
1. Worship at divine services every Sunday.
2. Pray often—briefly but sincerely.
3. Meditate often on dependence on God.
4. Prepare carefully for Confession and Communion.
5. Attend special Lenten services whenever possible.
6. Read Bible passages from the Psalms and New Testament daily.
7. Read one or more religious books or biographies.
8. Use moderation in food, drink and entertainment.
9. Practice Christian charity with greater zeal.
10. Refrain from criticism of others and from boasting of personal exploits.
121 Harvard Ave. E. Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada R2C 0L9